What Is The Best Dog Food For Small Adult Dogs?
This is not a simple question to answer. It depends on how much activity your dog is seeing throughout an average day. This is the most important variable to consider so your dog will not get fat or become malnourished. Just as you should not eat donuts and grains all day long if you are not doing an adequate amount of exercise to burn off those calories. Also, you would want to make sure you are getting enough protein if you are working out each day.
Minimal Activity: Sleeps most of the day, walks around the house and the yard but, does not go on a walk everyday. They need a lean diet.
- Royal Canin® Size Health Nutrition Mini Adult Dog Food
- Hill’s® Science Diet® Light Adult Dog Food – Small Bites, Chicken Meal & Barley
Moderate Activity: Goes on a walk almost everyday, likes to play fetch or run around. They need a healthy mix of carbohydrates and protein.
- Authority® Small Breed Adult Dog Food – Grain Free, Chicken & Pea
- BLUE Freedom® Grain Free Chicken Small Breed Adult Dog Food
Intense Activity: Goes on a run with you almost everyday, gets taken on hikes and is a studley athlete. They need a high protein diet.
- Nature’s Variety® Instinct® Ultimate Protein Small Dog Breed Food – Grain Free, Chicken
- EVO Small Bites Adult Dog Food – Grain Free, Gluten Free, Turkey & Chicken
From The Blog